Wednesday, March 12, 2008

At The Crossroad; A Frosty Decision

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—


I have never been known to take the most traveled one... I delight in the journeys of discovery... as long as I am driving. So I'm sitting on this low sink..... why the heck do they have it this low anyway? Must be for the handicapped to easily access the wash facilities... don't you just love this country? Anyway, It's providing a great lean to for now... much more preferable than the wet toilet seat next to it.

I glance at Leah across from me... barely a foot between us, leaning against the wall.... I've known her these last 7 years... Five of which we haven't seen or talked to each other. Last I'd heard she had just moved in with the boyfriend after falling out with her parents.....

And she looks great... she's lost the baby fat she'd had when my eyes had first beheld her..... still as busty but leaner on the sides.... Her eyes are still as captivating.... They keep catching mine and holding them captive.....sic... till they are rescued by my incessant belching.

Then they are free to rove.... watch as Dedan's head rises and falls, rhythmically, in time to her breathing... they see the soft jutting of her collar bone, and follow the lengthy neck as it disappears under her straightened hair.

She's wearing her hair long.... can't tell from here if its her own.... not that I ever can, anyway... not till the next morning, when I wake up next to the hair minus the head.

Anyway, off of that.... we are done catching up......Or are we? Apparently she's here with the boyfriend... Yes! Same old one....

That knowledge, my friend, is anything but reassuring.... One of my boys just finished a stint at the Local Hospital; courtesy of some jealous boyfriend.... that shit's not for me.

She'd tried to describe him.... apparently I had been sitting next to him at some point tonight.... and had actually exchanged pleasantries. She'd seen and recognized me but had waited to catch me by myself.

She saw me lining up for the bathroom and had followed... and when I'd gone in and not closed the door, she had boldened up; jumped the line and locked the door behind her.

So as she's stating that we ought to hook up some time... something about some unfinished business..... am busy running some scenarios in my head on how to handle whatever situation is waiting beyond that rickety door.

There is a tentative knock on the door.... I reach over and flush the shitter. I turn to her, "your hubby had better not be a violent man.... "

I can remember vividly the last time I fought someone.... I'd ran home with a bloody nose... and gotten the self satisfied smirk slapped clean off of my twelve year old face.... my mother was not bringing up a title seeker.... she'd made it very clear.

I tentatively clench and unclench my fists as I tell her that though I had missed her terribly, and thought about her constantly, these were hardly the circumstances under which.....

Besides.... I don't do business with married people....

"Boyfie...." she interjects....

'Same difference...' I'm thinking as I try to figure out the odd pitch in her voice.....

Mhhmm! What was that unfinished business she was alluding to.... I know its against business policy, but Manze.... baby girl is looking dyammmm fine... And when was the last time I'd screwed the damn policy anyway.

Besides... Like I was explaining to Crys just the other day, if jamaa hasn't proposed after all this years....? Perhaps they are needing a human catalyst....

Those are my alcohol induced thoughts..... how about I get out of here.... while I still have my wits.... and all my incisors still intact....

So I take out my phone book... but alas! I can't get her number straight.... She reaches for my phone and accidentally.... or by design, grazes her hand against my inner thigh..... And an electric jolt shoots thru my body.... Now all my senses are up and alert.....

I stand up straight.... effectively eliminating the distance between us.... Now am not only seeing her, I can practically feel her; her breath against my neck, the gentle rise and fall of her breasts against my chest..... her eyes holding mine..... her hand as it feels behind me and shoves my phone down my back pocket.....

Then she's gone.... I hear the door open.... a short altercation... then entereth a heavyset man... and he heads straight for me. I brace my drunk self for the pain that I know is coming..... I'm thinking I probably deserve it.... Instead I get a drunken hug.... And a hearty congratulations.... This dude apparently has me figured for the ultimate Don Juan...

I gotta get out of here.... I may be this guy's hero... but am not sure about the others beyond the door.

I have to find my way out... of this place that is... I don't think I found what I was looking for.



6 comments:

3CB said...

hehehehehe, [for a second there i thought she was going to flush your phone]...she's a smooth devil that one, and without the prada she can probably catch you, so get out of that wheelchair and run Forrest, run ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL @ just moved in with the boyfriend after falling out with her parents..... The things that happen these days....

SO what is the next mpango? Kweli kwenye miti hakuna wajenzi, jijazie.

Anonymous said...

lol..man you got a woman here...cant tell the difference till the next morning when the hair is separated from the head, thats beauty for sure...

Anonymous said...

Hey, where d'you go? My balls did a Houdini on me, but don't worry, i'm still here. Be seein' ya!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm this is interesting and nicely put out..... Is there part 2?

KK said...

Four actually... with a fifth n final coming... all Crossroads lead to each other... Start from the bottom and work your way up.