Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I, apparently...., need some male friends........

Will you be my friend?

I only learnt of this rather discomforting fact yesterday from one of my 'female' "friend"s at work... first thing in the A.M. via I.M... imagine that.... I mean, she could've chosen a more tactful manner... like pulling me aside in the cafeteria.... or slipping a note..... or something....

Her justification...... apparently I hang out with women too much... And no, she's not one of the alleged hanger-withs.....

So how does she know? Apparently, I behave or act like her brother-in-law who, you guessed it, hangs around women (her and her sisters) too much. Now, what could have prompted such an unabashed affront at my masculinity?

I really don't know...... All I did was suggest that she should take me out to dinner after she let me know that she had come upon an unexpected cash windfall.... And when she'd retorted that I think only of self, I had let her know that I think of her with self....

Then she had let me have it.... Really unprovoked don't you think? Anyway... that was enough to get me upset and I remained curt all day though I doubt that she noticed.

I hate it when people (un)intentionally ruin my day just like that... especially on a day that had began on such a promising note......I'd managed to get up bright n early n chatting with (3) wonderful girls where we discussed, amongst other juicy stuff, the various names given to that monthly affliction suffered only be females with one; I'd learnt that I was soon going to be an uncle from the second; and from the third, that despite the fact that she did not quite sight the moon and the stars, my efforts to afford her that luxury the previous night were greatly appreciated.... (Mental note to self - get more sheer drapery)

Then I get to work in them high spirits and this lady(heifer) deflates my overblown ego with one damning statement. From there I basically trudged thru the day, trying to avoid my boss and co-workers who are mostly women.....

And as if to agree with her, my brain could not, try hard as I might, drudge up the names of any of my numerous (pls take my word for it) male friends.

How sickening...... huh? Well, I was sneezing and blowing and aching by the time I got home.... I started to write this post but didn't have the energy so I tried to summarize my day.... then retired with my flu like symptoms determined not to make it to work today. Which I didn't...

Now, hoping am not contagious, boys; any takers? I am a well rounded, hot blooded, vodka imbibing, nyam-chom eating black male of African descent.... I can tell bawdy jokes, discuss several sports, drive a stick and for an added bonus I know one or two secrets that women don't want you to know.

2 comments:

3CB said...

Sheer drapery ... heeeheeeheee, i like that one !

i'd love to help you my love, but my testerstere levels are too low...try Marion Jones or the Serenas.

3CB said...

BTW i like that line about your eyes being your soul's windows to the heart. That's beautiful.