Thursday, September 25, 2008

Stuck in ambiguity

The clouds are hanging low... much lower than they usually do. It's not the lowest I've seen them... but it's mighty close. They are so low..... that they've obscured everything else; even the ever-recedeing horizon is not in sight. Dark... and heavy... Heavyset with gloom, filling the air with a sense of foreboding. The silver lining... if at all they have one... invisible, and while on occasion there are flashes of lightning, they serve more to blind than to illuminate.

************************

I do not care much for this place where I am. Nothing more would please me than to get the hell out of here; and yet I stay... but not by choice. A paralysis of the will has me immobilized. Perhaps, were you to look into my eyes... you might see the helplessness that has so overwhelmed me. I am pretty sure that not too deep inside them, the pain and the anguish I feel, are all too clearly reflected. The weariness engulfing me probably lines my face.... outlining in stark detail, the sense of utter defeat that I am right now feeling.

4 comments:

3CB said...

try milk and cookies love, always works for me :)

Anonymous said...

Do guys take hugs? Here you go:

{{{{KK}}}}

Maua said...

'Lean on me, when you're not strong....'

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/k/kirk_franklin/lean_on_me.html

Anonymous said...

fight is all you have left, son. dont let that go.