Wednesday, November 5, 2008

997 words and counting.....

It is with a thick lump in my throat that I sit to write this post. My screen is blurry... with tears of thousands, transmitted over the airwaves; it is hard to see, with the flurry of activity.... the fanfare that has taken over my T.V., how many of the electoral votes were cast for me. But that is of no consequence.... apparently, from listening to Senator McCain's albeit touching speech, I have not won this historic election.

Perhaps, it is all for good... given that I can not write nearly as pretty an acceptance speech as the one Obama is giving... that none of those who promised to vote for me were really eligible to vote. It is with a heavy heart that I put away my slogans, and banners and what have you.. and once again take up my pen and paper.... and continue on my month long journey. 998 here I come.......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God-speed my son.

all the best. now hop to it already.

that speech was the shyte!

Anonymous said...

That speech was awesome! I can't even say which one is my fav between the John Kerry 2004 one (Audacity of hope), this years democratic convention one, when he launched his campaign one, and today's. When I grow up, I want to be an orator like Obama

Hey, keep on, keep up.

Anonymous said...

There is always a next time, four years ahead. Now I hope you have reached 999 words, no?

Anonymous said...

keep on going, keep on going.

Maua said...

Have you clocked 1000 yet?

KK said...

1500 at last count.... Slowly but surely - Yes we can.

Tandra said...

the boy can count!!! yay! :-)