Sunday, February 24, 2008

Parking Wars........

its a show I just caught on T.V. that left me with a bad taste in my mouth.... wait, maybe that was just from the poison I imbibed last night.... Can't believe its been twelve hours and my attempts to piss it out of my system have been thus unsuccessful .... I'll have to devise more creative ways... I'll have to become creative first.... what am I going on about.....

Parking wars.... they take a camera crew and follow parking clerks around and apparently there is a lot of drama in these peeps' jobs for sure..... I, personally.... or should it be - Me I... haven't had to ever deal with parking clerks.... cops, prefects or whatever their politically correct name is. The sneaky bastards have always managed to slither away by the time I walk up to my gift-carded car...

Just as well.... my self image can only take so much beating... I mean seriously... Should I have caught the uniformed man in the act... even worse had it been a lady... my lame self would have likely apologised profusely, perhaps even thanking them for gleefully doing their job.... after all its my tax dollars paying them.... I would have taken the ticket and promised to have the check in the mail the next day..... gotten in my car and after banging my steering wheel with all the might I could muster, I'd have proceeded to berate myself mercilessly for first being stupid enough to earn myself a ticket and even more for not telling the stupid a$$ what I really thought about them and their ticket and my tax money..... My wit would have probably kicked in right then and all these smart ass remarks would have streamed thru my head like a teleprompter on steroids.....

But not the dudes on T.V... oh no... seems like they filmed only those who could dish out heaps of insults at these law enforcers.... and boy did they let them have it... and half of the lot did not take the tickets... some even ripping the tickets right there in front of them..... I bet you their conversation with self was much different from mine... I'm sure they would go home congratulating themselves and share with their buddies how they had given it to 'the man'.... that is until 'the man' gave it back to them twicefold in the form of a fine for not paying the original ticket in time.... which they were not about to take from a lowly city worker...

Now there's a meaningless post if ever there was one....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blame it on the [lack of?] vodka, and don't worry, i will always read you - before 8 and after 5 ;)

KK said...

Just the inspiration I need....