Saturday, March 15, 2008

Crossroad: The Epilogue

So me avoids the Crossroad this last Friday night....
Me watch my drinks n stay away from the gents...
Till two in the morn, n the Devil nowhere in sight

So me drives home, feeling all upfull and right...
Park the car and cross the street;
See who's by my door, and nearly take flight

Alls I've heard of the Devil truly is right...
'will tempt n tempt u, till you bite....
Will sneak up on you, in the middle of the night

Did I let the Devil in? Well.... not without a fight....
But the spouse was away, workin the third shift....
And if its all night, me thinks it got to be all right.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shall grab you by the scruff of the neck and slowly detach your ears, followed by your nose...

Dude, the suspense! Reveal...something!

Anonymous said...

31337 i am with you... We want to know did the devil win?????

KK said...

Alas! Gentlemen... Do I have to read as well as write for you?
I'm not one to self incriminate.... all I can say is that we caused such a racket in hell this past Friday night......I'm at this moment in possession of a letter from a concerned neighbor.... A $25 fine for disturbance in ungodly hrs is in the mail. Yes she did... The Devil won me over:(

Anonymous said...

i read somewhere that opportunity knocks but temptation kicks the door down...it all comes down to how you class Ms leah ;)