Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jan 18th, 2008

{“Vanity is so secure in the heart of man that everyone wants to be admired: even I who write this, and you who read thisBlaise Pascal quotes

'It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted. Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more. '
Proverbs 31:4-7


In the last two weeks I have experienced a myriad of emotions - ranging from total exhilaration and joy to rock bottom depression... I've stood on the brink and I've watched my whole world tumble over; I've watched as its plunged into a seemingly unstoppable nose dive.... I've seen it crash into the boulders and heard it splinter into a million pieces and I've watched as its gotten engulfed in flames of damnation.

On the other hand, I've tasted the sweet taste of personal freedom..... I've sucked at and drank in the scent of my free spirit.... I've looked up... away and ahead and I've seen past the horizon..... I have seen not one obstacle that I was not capable of overcoming. I've seen the promise of a future.... a future full of adventure, full of excitement, acclaim.... Adrenalin has rushed thru my veins as I've anticipated the dragons I am yet to encounter, and the treasures and the damsels that will be mine to rescue....}

Today I found this (above) bastard of a post..... amongst many other victims of my quitting habit.

Now, how to quit a quitting habit?

I don't know, quit quitting? Doesn't sound right.... but it doesn't have to be, does it?

Anyway, thought I'd let you know that since that fateful January 18th.... I have since discovered that the future is here...

It is .... and it's full of energy.... young raw energy.

Boundless energy.

Life..... endless possibilities.

Yes peeps, the future's here And its now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?

Tandra said...

lol @ 3... know exxxxxxxxxactly wat u getting at.

((wonders where she was on jan 18th....))

3CB said...

Clearly johnny is managing just fine on that one good leg i left him...so i'm coming for the stick. be afraid johnny, be very very afraid !

[i do see some sense here if i squint, i squinter, i squintest at that shiny metal plate where leah found you...but johnny isn't off the(captain)hook!]

...Kei darling, we need a new dealer. You and I both!!

Tamzel said...

Interesting. I like your style of writing.

KK said...

I am clearly misunderstood... and am liking it.

Welcome Peace... don't let the madness unsettle you;)