Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Out of America; Patwan



So I went on vacation these past few days.... Well, seeing me on Thursday night, struggling to get my key in the keyhole on my Condo's front door, all the while wondering why it always seemed to shrink at around 2:30 AM, you'd never have guessed that I'd be leaving early the next morning on my first vacation in God knows how many months. And I had not even packed....

So 9:00A.M. found me driving down soggy roads, through sorrier weather heading east on route 9.

I had to do some much needed shopping. I'd discovered, this morning, as I'd hurriedly thrown together articles of clothing while trying to keep my head up and my stomach from heaving out all that coke and bacardi that I could nearly taste, that its not last weekend like I'd thought that I did my laundry..... turns out it hasn't been done in a long while.

The sun was still rising on 'Shoppers World' when I got there... so I opted to grab a cup of coffee at Starbucks as I waited for the cloth discount stores to open up.

Armed with a hot grande caramel machiato, I walked into the adjoining Barnes & Noble Bookstore , looking to find a certain Black skin, white Mask by one Frantz Fanon..... that was highly recomended by a blogger of repute.

Turns out that this particular store didn't care much for neither the writer nor his works for they stocked none of it.... I asked to be directed to where such work would, perhaps, be shelved had they had it..... in the hopes that therein, perhaps, I might find an interesting read, for my three hour flight and equally long lay over.....

And indeed I did; snuggled in between 'Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto,' and equally unappealing 'Prude:How the sex obsessed culture damages girls (and America too),' was a book I could dare to relate to:- 'A Mind of Its Own; A Cultural History of The Penis.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the reviews are awaited. illustrated would even work better. come now, hop to it!

Anonymous said...

brrrrrr! yeeei! after seeing the post before with a picture all sunny and warm....yeeeesh!

Anonymous said...

i like driving when its raining.well i dont own a car..but..well...yu get the point :)